My website

My website
Click here to access my website

My magazine cover: Edition 1

My magazine contents page: Edition 1

My magazine cover: Edition 2

My magazine contents page: Edition 2

Saturday 27 October 2018

POST 7: MAGAZINE EDITION 2: COVER AND CONTENTS PAGE

In this post I will provide the planning behind the second issue of my magazine's cover and contents page as well as the inspiration behind it.

Below is the cover that inspired the main image and layout of my own magazine cover.

Below is a draft of the layout of the cover of my magazine's second issue.

Below is a mock up of the front cover of my magazine's second issue.
Below is a draft of the layout of this issue's contents page.
Below is the mock-up for this issue's contents page.
Below is a shoot board with my casting and costume choices.
The cover page of my second issue will share the minimalist and sophisticated house style of my production as well as including the diversity that is part of my brand's ideology, through the main feature of a female photographer.

Below is the first copy of the cover page.

Upon reviewing this, my teacher suggested that I could;
  • include magazine strapline,
  • make sure that there is reference to a male presence,
  • remove 'all new' as it is the second edition,
  • add some colour variation to the text,
  • make the text more visible,
  • make the image more saturated.
I responded to this review by;
  • including the magazine strap line to the right of my masthead,
  • including a sub line that references a male reporter,
  • made the strap line a pink to add colour variation and match the background,
  • removed 'all new',
  • made the main image more saturated,
  • added effects to the text to make it more visible.
Below is my final cover page, having made use of this review.
Below is the first copy of the contents page.
Upon reviewing this, my teacher suggested that I could;
  • ensure that the sections are in the same order across the two contents pages,
  • add colour variation to the text,
  • check industry conventions,
  • ensure that there are enough articles that capture male interest.
I responded to this review by;
  • adjusting the order of the sections to match the other contents page,
  • made the sub lines a grey colour to add variation,
  • included text outlining the cover pages photography, including details on the photographer, model and costume. 
Below is my final contents page, having made use of this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment