My website

My website
Click here to access my website

My magazine cover: Edition 1

My magazine contents page: Edition 1

My magazine cover: Edition 2

My magazine contents page: Edition 2

Thursday 25 October 2018

POST 6: MAGAZINE EDITION 1: COVER AND CONTENTS PAGE

In this post I will provide the planning behind the first issue of my magazine's cover and contents page as well as the inspiration behind it.

Below is the cover that inspired the main image and layout of my own magazine cover.

Below is a draft of the layout of my magazine front cover.
Below is a mock up of my magazine front cover.
Below is a draft of the layout of my contents page.
Below is a mock-up of my contents page.
Below are shoot boards with my casting and costume choices.

The cover page of my first issue will share the minimalist and sophisticated house style of my production as well as including the diversity that is part of my brand's ideology. It will converge with the other products as the cover article will be found on my website home page and the cover itself will be found on all of my social media platforms.

Below is the first copy of the cover page.

Upon reviewing this, my teacher suggested that I could;
  • include the magazine strap line,
  • include more reference to a female presence,
  • include some more colour variation of the text,
  • make sure that cover lines are the same size,
  • make the text of the cover lines more visible.
I responded to this review by;
  • including the magazine strap line to the right of my masthead,
  • including a sub line that references a female reporter,
  • made the 'all new' and strap line a blue to add colour variation and match the background,
  • adjusted the size of the cover lines,
  • added effects to the text to make it more visible.
Below is my final cover page, having made use of this review.

Below is the first copy of the contents page. 



Upon reviewing this, my teacher suggested that I could;
  • include some colour variation in the text,
  • check to ensure that I haven't missed any industry conventions,
  • ensure that there are enough articles targeting each gender,
  • ensure that the language used in the cover lines is powerful,
  • ensure that the sections are in the same order on both contents pages. 
I responded to this review by;
  • adjusting the order of the sections to match the other contents page,
  • made the sub lines a grey colour to add variation,
  • included text outlining the cover pages photography, including details on the photographer, model and costume,
  • included more powerful language in my cover lines.
Below is my final cover page, having made use of this review.




No comments:

Post a Comment