My website

My website
Click here to access my website

My magazine cover: Edition 1

My magazine contents page: Edition 1

My magazine cover: Edition 2

My magazine contents page: Edition 2

Wednesday 31 October 2018

POST 10: REFLECTIONS ON FINISHED OUTCOMES/TARGET AUDIENCES RESPONSES

Below are my finished outcomes.








Target Audience Reactions

In order to discover the reactions of the audience to my production, I created surveys and gave them to 10 members of my target audience to fill in. I selected 5 males and 5 females; 3 of them were 17 years of age, 1 was 19, 2 were 20, 2 were 22 and 2 were 24. This enabled me to get reactions from a range of different members of my target audience. I emailed each member individually with a survey, my final products and a link to my website and then had them send a picture of their completed survey back to me. Below are two of these surveys, one the most positive review I received and the other the most negative review I received.




From the surveys I have learnt that my target audience have enjoyed my representation of diversity and the ease of use of the website. Most people in the survey enjoyed the opportunities for interaction, with comments that the social media content played a large part of their engagement with the magazine. Next time I would consider the idea that the layout of my website would change slightly on different devices, like mobile phones. I would also try to make my magazine appeal to members of my target audience who are new to fashion, rather than those who are already engaged with it.

I believe I have met all of the demands of the brief in that I have created two covers and contents pages of the first two issues of a magazine that were created for retail sale and is an appealing magazine to my 'culturally sophisticated, 16-25 class AB demographic' target audience. My final production has been carefully planned and inspired by the research that I have done into magazine audiences, industry, codes and representations and I feel as though I have fulfilled my own intentions in creating a strong sense of brand identity due to both the house style and the representation issues that I have selected to raise in my production.

I believe that my production is an effective example of a convergent and interactive cross-media production, as it includes use of shared articles across the magazine's social media presence and as all of my online and social media platforms work synergistically to push the audience to purchase the magazine by including an image of the front cover of all of these platforms.

No comments:

Post a Comment