My website

My website
Click here to access my website

My magazine cover: Edition 1

My magazine contents page: Edition 1

My magazine cover: Edition 2

My magazine contents page: Edition 2

Tuesday 16 January 2018

5. What I have learnt about the representation of events, issues, individuals and social groups in television, radio or print adverts and how I intend to demonstrate this knowledge and understanding in my production in order to communicate meaning successfully.

During my research, I have learnt lots about how representations are created and used in print advertising. Below are existing adverts and  details on how they have created representations of youth, gender, ethnicity and sexuality, along with plans on how I will explore representations in my own production.

CK2
The print advert for unisex scent CK2 have represented youth as being adventurous and sexually driven, gender as having a strong divide between masculine and feminine traits and sexuality as being a normal thing that ought to be explored. The product has a target audience of youth aged 16-25 of both genders.
Axe Anarchy
The print advert for Axe Anarchy, which comes for him and for her, have represented youth as being very sexually driven and gender as having clear role for men and women. The product has a target audience of youth aged 16-25 of both genders.

In my own production I wish to explore representations of youth, gender and ethnicity in a positive way that is appealing to my target audience of youth aged 16-25 of both genders. To do this my adverts will feature male and a female models all around the age of 17 and of different ethnicities. There will be an element of attraction shown between them. 

Using what I have learnt form the adverts surrounding representation in print advertising surrounding youth, gender, ethnicity and sexuality, I have decided to explore the representations of youth, gender and ethnicity in a way that will appeal to my target audience in my own production. 

No comments:

Post a Comment