My website

My website
Click here to access my website

My magazine cover: Edition 1

My magazine contents page: Edition 1

My magazine cover: Edition 2

My magazine contents page: Edition 2

Wednesday 18 July 2018

End of Year NEA Task

Since starting the mini-NEA, my skills in photography, directing and modelling have improved greatly. My understanding of lighting and its effects is much greater than before. I have learnt the importance of fluidity in camera movement to capture a variety of shots in terms of angle and framing, as well as in encouraging movement in models in order to achieve photography with models who are confident and at ease, in order to capture emotion. I have also gained understanding of how to model for others so have an appreciation of the difficulty of modelling in order to be a effective director.

At this point of the NEA I have built on my modelling, photography and directing skill and have captured a range of shots that could be used in my NEA. I have completed the cover page for my the first edition of my magazine and through this have established an identity and house style for my magazine. One thing that I would do differently in September would be to allow my models more movement and to deviate from the original idea planned and to capture shots with a range of different framing.

In the future of the NEA, I am planning to continue with my current project, with the same magazine title, house style and models, with shots captured on the studio day to be used on my contents pages and website. I am going to shoot some location shots over the summer, some of which I may use as background shots for my photography. In September I am planning to shoot some cover shots for the second edition of my magazine in the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment